Free Printable Math Worksheets for Grade 4
This is a comprehensive collection of free printable math worksheets for grade 4, organized by topics such as addition, subtraction, mental math, place value, multiplication, division, long division, factors, measurement, fractions, and decimals. They are randomly generated, printable from your browser, and include the answer key. The worksheets support any fourth grade math program, but have been specifically designed to match Math Mammoth grade 4 curriculum.
The worksheets are randomly generated each time you click on the links below. You can also get a new, different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
You can print them directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview". If the worksheet does not fit the page, adjust the margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of your browser. Another option is to adjust the "scale" to 95% or 90% in the Print Preview. Some browsers and printers have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to fit the printable area.
All worksheets come with an answer key placed on the 2nd page of the file.
Addition in columns
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 4 addends
Subtraction in columns
- Build a four-digit number from the parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 4-digit number (print in landscape)
- Build a 5-digit number from parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 5-digit number
- Build a 6-digit number from parts
- Find the missing place value from a 6-digit number
- Round to the nearest ten, within 1,000
- Round to the nearest hundred, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest thousand, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest ten thousand, within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 1 - round to the nearest 10 or 100
- Mixed rounding problems 2 - round to the nearest 10, 100, or 1000
- Mixed rounding problems 3 - as above but rounding to the underlined digit
- Mixed rounding problems 4 - round to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 5 - round to any place value within 1,000,000
These are completely optional, as Roman Numerals are not included in the Common Core standards.
- Multiplication tables 2-10, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-12, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-10, missing factor
- Multiplication tables 2-12, missing factor
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole hundreds
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens or whole hundreds
- Multiply single-digit numbers, whole tens, or whole hundreds by the same
- As above, but missing factor
- The same as above, but also including whole thousands
- As above, missing factor
- Multiply in parts 1: single-digit number by a 2-digit number
- Multiply in parts 2: single-digit number by a number near a whole hundred
- Multiply in parts 3: single-digit number by a 3-digit number
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — four operations
Multiply in columns
- Division facts practice (tables 1-10)
- Division facts practice (tables 1-12)
- Missing dividend or divisor (basic facts)
- Divide by 10 or 100
- Divide by whole tens or hundreds
- Divide whole tens and whole hundreds by 1-digit numbers mentally
- Division with remainder within 1-100, based on basic facts
- Division with remainder within 1-100
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole ten
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole hundred
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — four operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — five operations
- Division facts practice (using the long division symbol)
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
The following worksheets are slightly beyond Common Core Standards for 4th grade, and are optional.
- Convert between millimeters & centimeters (for example, 34 mm = ___ cm ____ mm)
- Convert between centimeters & meters (for example, 2 m 65 cm = _____ cm)
- Mixed practice of the two above (millimeters, centimeters, and meters)
- Convert between meters and kilometers (for example, 2,584 m = ____ km _____ m)
- Mixed practice of the ones above (mm, cm, m, and km)
- Convert between milliliters and liters (for example, 2,584 ml = ____ L _____ ml)
- Convert between grams and kilograms (for example, 5 kg 600 g = ________ g)
- Mixed practice of the two above: ml & l and g & kg
- All metric units mentioned above - mixed practice
- Convert between inches and feet (e.g. 35 in. = ___ ft ___ in.)
- Convert whole miles & feet or yards
- Convert between ounces & pounds (e.g. 62 oz = ___ lb ___ oz)
- Convert between cups, pints, quarts, and gallons
- All customary units mentioned above - mixed practice
Fractions to mixed numbers or vv.
If you wish to have more control on the options such as number of problems or font size or spacing of problems, or range of numbers, just click on these links to use the worksheet generators yourself:
Mental Maths Test
"Math Salamanders Free Math Sheets"
Welcome to the Math Salamanders Year 4 Mental Maths Test sheets.
Here you will find a wide range of Mental Maths Worksheets aimed at Year 4 children which will help your child to learn number facts and practise their number skills.
Mental Maths Worksheets
Our selection of mental maths worksheets is a great way of practising your number and maths skills.
The sheets can be used in a variety of ways, as a test or revision practise, or as part of a weekly quiz to help reinforce skills.
They can also be used as an oral and mental starter to a lesson to get brains working!
One of the best ways to use these sheets is to get children to work in pairs, discussing the questions as they work through them.
The questions have been designed to practise a range of maths skills from number to geometry and measurement facts, including using time and money.
The quizzes are in order of difficulty with the questions getting slightly harder in each quiz.
Mental Maths Tests for Year 4
Our Year 4 Mental Math Worksheets contain a wide range of different questions and math skills.
Each sheet contains 16 questions, and is provided with an answer sheet.
The level of difficulty gets harder as you progress through the sheets.
The topics covered include:
- mental arithmetic - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- missing fact questions;
- place value questions up to 10000;
- geometry questions based around 2d and 3d shape properties;
- money questions;
- fraction problems;
- measures problems;
- word problems;
- time questions, including date and calendar questions.
Year 4 Mental Math Worksheets
Looking for some easier Mental Math Worksheets?
The worksheets in this section have been designed for children at a Year 3 level.
The sheets follow the same format as the ones on this page, but are at a simpler level.
Looking for some harder Mental Math Worksheets?
The worksheets in this section have been designed for children at a Year 5 level.
The sheets follow the same format as the ones on this page, but are at a more advanced level.
Mental Math Online Practise
If you are looking for some online practise of mental maths Year 4 facts, then we have several practise zones where you can test your knowledge of a range of maths facts and print out your results online.
There are certificates to win, and instant feedback on your progress.
4th Grade Printable Math Games
Here you will find a range of free printable 4th Grade Math games. All children like to play Math games, and you will find a good range of Grade 4 Math Games here for your child to play and enjoy.
The following games involve different 4th Grade Math activities which you and your child can enjoy together.
All the free 4th Grade Math Worksheets in this section support the Elementary Math Benchmarks for Fourth Grade.
Year 4 Online Math Games
Looking for some cool online maths games to play at a Year 4 level?
Try the Primary games website where you will find a bank full of different games to play!
Using the link below will open the primary games website in a new browser window.
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
Math Salamanders Copyright Information.
How to Print or Save these sheets
- Follow the 3 easy steps below to get your worksheets printed out perfectly!
Need further help? Use our How to Print Support Page
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving?
Follow these 3 easy steps to get your worksheets printed out perfectly!