The 15 Best Argumentative Essay Topics On Environmental Issues
Many people are passionate about various environmental issues. Therefore, it is often a fantastic theme to use as the basis for argumentative essay. However, with so many topics related to environmental issues, it can sometimes be difficult to narrow down the perfect title for your paper.
In order to help you think of a good title for your argumentative essay on environmental issues, the following will explain some techniques that you can use to think of ideas. Furthermore, at the bottom of this article, there is a list of 15 of the best argumentative essay topics for environmental issues, which you can either use verbatim, or as further inspiration for your own unique title.
One of the best ways to choose a title that you would like to write about is to note down any ideas you have off the top of your head. Some of these ideas may be useless; however, you will most likely be to think of some that you can use or, at the very least, some of the ideas will then inspire you to think of better topics and titles to write about. Essentially, you can use these brainstorming techniques to come up with a range of ideas, which can then be whittled down into you have the ideal title to use.
- The government should do more to end the reliance on non-renewable energy sources
- Should car owners pay more in taxes as a result of the environmental damage caused by pollution?
- Should all future cars be hybrid vehicles to minimise environmental damage and pollution?
- Should individuals face stricter penalties as a result of littering?
- Should companies that are found guilty of dumping toxic waste and materials be shut down?
- Should individual households do more to recycle any rubbish that they produce?
- Is the United States doing enough to reduce CO2 emissions?
- Are humans responsible for climate change?
- Are cheap goods worth it considering the environmental damage caused to produce them?
- Are hybrid cars as environmentally friendly as they are portrayed to be?
- Should the United States set a good example for the rest of the world when it comes to reducing pollution?
- Is the nuclear waste produced by nuclear submarines and nuclear power stations disposed of safely enough?
- Are people overly concerned about the environmental effects of nuclear power?
- Should all people travel by public transport?
- Should the government make public transport free in order to reduce the polluting effect caused by individuals travelling by cars?
Looking for help with essay? Order essay online from experienced essay writing service.
20 Intriguing Persuasive Essay Topics About The Environment
The environment has been a hot button issue for over the last half century. As some new scientific evidence has pointed to human-caused pollution as being one of the primary reasons for environmental damage around the world, there are still a number of topics that have yet to be fully explored. Here are 20 intriguing topic ideas about the environment you can use for a persuasive essay:
- Do you believe that the deforestation and the environmental damage it causes is the worthwhile when compared to the economic benefits that come from it?
- Do you believe that hunting does more harm than good to the environment? What about over population of certain species?
- Should your school or community do more to encourage commuters to take alternative modes of transportation?
- Should supermarkets charge consumers extra for plastic bags as a means to encourage people to bring in their own reusable or recycled bags?
- What do you think people at your school can do to help people in poor regions of the world have enough clean drinking water?
- What are the dangers of tracking animals in the wild for sport, conservation, and scientific studies?
- Do you think first world countries around the globe are doing enough to reduce CO2 emissions?
- Do you think communities do enough about the dangers posed by nuclear power stations and their disposal of waste products?
- Do you think that if people were given vouchers from employers and state or local governments that they would switch to taking public transportation?
- Do you think company owners that have been found guilty of dumping toxic material improperly should face jail time?
- Do you think that city-wide recycling plans are making a great enough difference or are they merely costing tax-payers money?
- Why is it important not to throw hazardous household waste in the regular trash that goes straight to the dumpster?
- How do we change our carbon footprint? Is it too late or is the damage to earth’s environment still reversible?
- Do you think the United States should be doing more to end the reliance on non-renewable sources of energy such as gas?
- Do you think if littering had a bigger fine there would be less people breaking the law and more focused on cleaning up the community?
- Do you think that eco-tourism poses a threat to the protection of wildlife and wild areas? Will support for wildlife and wild areas suffer if people can’t visit?
- Why do you think people litter? Is it a bad habit that forms early in their life? Are they not motivated to clean up after themselves?
- Should more people become vegetarians or vegans in order to help the environment or is this idea not feasible?
- What will be the biggest environmental concerns of future generations? Will they face the same problem or will new threats arise?
- Do you think that car owners should pay more in taxes because of the environmental damage they through air pollution?